Before we officially welcome in the New Year, we can’t help but sit back and reflect on some of last year’s highlights. 2015 was a great year, not only for us, but also for the genomics sector, with revolutionary debuts from Illumina’s HiSeq X Ten launch, PacBio’s announcement of the SEQUEL and great strides accelerating Precision Medicine.
Here’s a quick round up of notable moments for DNAnexus in 2015.
- JANUARY: DNAnexus supports Natera’s NIPT portfolio globally. Our Chief Medical Officer, David Shaywitz, visits the White House.
- FEBRUARY: The Garvan Institute expands into global genomic sequencing services.
- MARCH: DNAnexus sets record for fastest human genome assembly with FALCON, completed in in <21 hours, and Intermountain deploys their clinical cancer genomics test on the cloud.
- APRIL: DNAnexus partners with WuXi NextCODE to bring cloud-based genomics to China.
- MAY: Regeneron on track to sequence 100,000 exomes by year end.
- JUNE: DNAnexus supports data management and genomic analysis for a global research consortium. DNAnexus powers research and analysis of rice genomes to help feed the world’s population and supports Ebola research in the cloud.
- JULY: DNAnexus named in MIT Technology Review’s 50 Smartest Companies.
- AUGUST: DNAnexus selected by the FDA as the contractor to build precisionFDA. DNAnexus supports both projects selected by California Precision Medicine Initiative. CareDX adopts DNAnexus for company-wide clinical and R&D activities.
- OCTOBER: BioNano and DNAnexus collaborate to expand access to next-generation mapping. Collaboration with QIAGEN to integrate Ingenuity Variant Analysis.
- NOVEMBER: ICGC dataset now available on the DNAnexus Platform.
- DECEMBER: DNAnexus delivers precisionFDA open beta.
For all of us here at DNAnexus, this has been one heck of a rocket ship ride and we’re happy you’ve been able to join us on our journey. 2016 promises even more opportunities for fruitful collaborations. Bring it on 2016!